While answering a comment from a few weeks ago, inquiry as to why there isn't any [ Add Fetish here ] type of munch, or event, as we do get several questions throughout the year as to why there isn't this or that type of event around Vancouver, BC.
TL;DR: Consent is for everyone 18+!
We thought about this question, then life got in the way, and we continued thinking about why there isn't whatever fetish that is the fetish du jour, or this week.. It is simply..
Yes, the individuals who assume they know what is best for all, and themselves. Trying to educate them, half the time, most do not listen..
In fact, it doesn't really matter what the requested fetish was, as long as it doesn't harm yourself or others. So..
Let's stick with the facts:
- Consent is for everyone 18+!
- It's 18+ to walk into sex shop in Canada, yet you have to be 19+ to get in to any of the Vancouver Fetish Events or even a clubs around Vancouver. That usually has to do with liquor licenses.
- In Canada, We require two legs and being of same species... Pretty simple there..
- Also needs to be able to communicate in the kinksters in their preferred language(s), for confirming Consent, before play, is also required in Canada. We do have two official languages, yet welcome all languages. Vancouverites do try to accommodate. We're unsure about using Google Translate to obtain Consent..
- We feel that the ( New, Old or Returning ) Kinksters, should attend a Munch in their area, or a neighbouring area. Become reacquainted with the rules of a Public Dungeon.
- After Negotiations have commenced, you can always go to a Vancouver Fetish Event or even a Club, to play in public. We suggest the same goes for private play.
- You're most likely not going to find what you are currently searching for at a local Vancouver Fetish Event or Club. Although attending a local Munch, might help in finding what you're looking for.
- Why do we distinguish between events and clubs, because one is more Kink Lite, and the other Kink Heavy. For some clubs, it's more like a Kinky Fashion Show.
- Although in all fairness, there isn't much in the way of kink specific events or munches around Vancouver.
We do have Littles friends, the Ddlg, Mdlg, Ddlb, Mdlb crowd and although we do not partake in Littles events, as long as everyone is 19+. What can we say? Nothing. Since everyone attending is 19+ in age.
Private events are just that, they're "Private", so we can't and don't post them. We have been known to post events that were kink specific. Yet those were usually one offs, never to return..
So, to answer the Question of Why is there No Listing for [Enter fetish here] Event/Munch?,
It's either Private event or not attended enough, or not enough education to overcome the Stigma that surrounds it. The lack of education in these areas is astounding, which is why this website exists, for the most part. Although even with all the countless articles we've written in the past, this will never, ever change some peoples minds..
Why is there no Listing for ...?